A couple of weeks back (so totally forgotten the date!), I went to KL with mom and aunty Bida. It was totally unplanned and I just gave mum a quick call and ask her to accompany me. I guess I was too disappointed with Miri at that time since Miri has a very limited choice of maternity clothing. When it comes to shopping, it's best to go with my mom or my sister :). Aunty Bida eventually tag along since she also misses her dear son, whom I love to call Milo...yes, Daniel aka Milo.
Daniel, Me and Aunty Bida
We went to St. Mary's Cathedral and bumped into Daphne and her fiance.
Shopping!
And before we depart, met my dearly Merlinda at the airport!
We also organised a farewell high-tea to our CP Executive Secretary at KRP on the 5th November 2010. Indeed it was a real big crowd and we had a lot of fun time during the high-tea.
My dearly niece, Putri Aisya is also in Miri so we spent some evenings at my aunty's place to play with the little girl whom we called "Put-Put".
During the last Hari Raya Qurban, my friend Ann came to Miri and brought her baby along! Saza and I went to see her and her beautiful little girl Jazleen.
Jazleen is so cute isn't she?? Not sure she looks like Ann or Afni, a little bit of both I guess. Hehehe..anyway, we had a great time catching up with each others stories. Saza is also expecting, when this photo was taken, she's about 10 weeks momma-to-be!
The Association of Churches organised our yearly Christmas Parade on the 11th December 2010, which also marks my beloved parents 30th Wedding Anniversary. We have no celebration due to the busy schedule during year end, but perhaps just a simple family get-together when my sister is back this coming Saturday.
We were all gathered at the Miri City Fan before the parade, I didn't join the parade this year since I have no confidence that I can walk 4-5km with my rounded tummy. I stayed at the City Fan then when the parade started, hubby and I went to Sembang-Sembang for a drink while waiting for all the contigents walking pass that area.
The Anglican Church leads the parade this year :)
Look at that purple banner on the other side!! I hand sewn that banner few years back and glad it's still in good condition! :)
This is another banner that I hand-sewn :) Maybe I should consider making another one or two during my confinement time...if I have the time lah. Otherwise I'll be baby gazing all day...ehehehe
30th Wedding Anniversary..love my parents a lot!
Vince AF1 was one of the invited guests for the night...somehow I've rotated this photo but when I uploaded it, it's not working. Biar lah...ehehe
Oh yea, another event that I've missed, my dearly friend Jacinta's Wedding was held on the 26th November 2010. Indeed it's great to catch up with friends and classmates since most of us are scattered all over the place. A small reunion before the bigger reunion end of next year.
KTDTHB 98..from left : Fakri, Andrew, Nick, Chin & Daphne (standing), Alicia, Lisa, yours truly, Asong and Yohanes
Me, hubby, Chin & Nick (behind), Raphael & Jacinta, Daphne, Esra, Elsa and Balkis
And these are my Sabahan friends whom I hang out with for the many years I was in University...Agnesia, Ani and Lina...
We also organised a farewell dinner at Zaika Restaurant for our dear colleague, Doss. Doss has been a great team-mate, who never fails to smile and gives you an unexpected jokes at the most unexpected times. Having him in the team makes our life easy and he's super uber fast on his keyboard. Trust me, once you see him typing, you'll definitely be lost with all the many short-cuts buried in his memory.
After my sister's accident (read her blog...http://thelisalemons.blogspot.com), my brother Daniel got into an accident also. He and his 2 friends were on their way to one of the coffee shops somewhere near Miri City. He stepped on the drain cover (usually at the side of the shop-lots the drains are all covered up with metals) and unfortunately it was rusty and he fell down. Too bad that the side of the metal actually scrapped some of his leg tissues and affected one of his tendons. Two men brought him to Columbia and thank God for sending these two men. Daddy and Mummy rushed to Columbia and he needs to do some x-rays and a minor surgery. He was admitted for three days two nights and thank you to all who visited him and prayed for him.
Last Friday, our department organised an Away Day for the whole team. The first part - morning session - was more of a brain-storming of how we can contribute to the team's focus for next year which eventually will be part of our GPA for the year 2011.
In the afternoon, I was assigned to be the photographer since I will not be able to join the team running around treasure hunting. Yeah, I'm slowing down in terms of physical activities now...getting heavier each day! Anyway, I had a great time taking photos and enjoyed myself too!
Yeah, a stress reliever! Look at the happy faces of my fellow colleagues. It's nice to be away from the office and have some fun-time together.
Last but not least, I'm so excited about having my own place called home. Frankie and I have finally made up our mind to buy our own dwelling place and hopefully it'll be completed before the year ends. Just some lightings, installation of grilles and yeap, we're ready to move in!
Indeed God has blessed me in so many ways. Especially when the year 2010 is coming to an end, it makes me reflect on the things that I've done, to thank God for everything and to continue to strengthen the relationship with Him.
I'm blessed with a wonderful, loving and understanding husband...blessed with a new home...blessed with a baby growing inside me...blessed with job satisfaction...and so many other things which are just endless to list down.
This year I have to take a step down in my ministries in church. I miss being busy organizing activities and getting involved but I make sure that I'll be back to serve Him. I'll bring my baby with me so that my baby will get used to the noise and church environment. I pray that God will also guide both Frankie and I to be good parents, that we'll be able to guide our children to be nearer to God. Amen!


0 comments:
Post a Comment