Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Baby girl has grown up!

On the 16th March, I celebrated my little girl's first birthday. I invited a few friends and families to celebrate this occasion (I promise to upload some pics later) and I just couldn't believe how time flies. Just remembering one year ago, me and my big belly, enduring the labor pain - and people said induction labor was far more painful than normal labor...nevertheless, I just couldn't remember the pain anymore. Seeing the little angel smiling melts my heart and take all the pain away. Seriously!

However, the worse part was my confinement period. I complain a lot, yet, I still obey. Sometimes I do find it ridiculous but again I still obey. The first day after I came back from the hospital was the worse. I don't have any aircond installed in the room - mom didn't want me to use aircond - and then I don't even have a fan. The weather was friggin hot and the room was so stuffy, ventilation was bad as mom and mom in law said i should not be exposed to wind. I was asked to cover my head, wear a jacket, put on long pants and thick socks. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW UNCOMFORTABLE THAT WAS? NO AIRCOND, NO FAN AND MY FOOD WAS ALL GINGER AND WINE, I DRANK WINE AND ALL SORTS OF HERBS TO KEEP MY BODY WARM. Gosh. I couldn't believe I survived.

Next day I pester my hubby to install an aircond in the room. We stayed downstairs, and since I only moved in to my house, we only installed aircond in the masterbedroom. Thank God he did. Again, thank God my mom gave in and said I can use the aircond from evening onwards but I must switch it off in the morning until afternoon...at least I got a better deal. LOL. My girl was very obedient I must say. Even if she stays awake, she would just be quiet unless she's hungry. I thought I have a lot of time to read, or at least check on my facebook, or perhaps just watch the 1 hour American Idol once a while, play some games etc....but hell NOOOOO...I was forbidden from watching tv, no smses with friends, no laptops, no reading but just sit down and rest. OHMAIGAD! Disaster. I didn't shower for 18 days. I didn't wash my hair for 34 days.

I have friends and cousins who also gave birth around the same time but I saw them enjoying their confinement time. They have plenty of rest - yes, but again not so rigid. They can watch tv for a while, can shower, can play games on the laptop, can sms their friends, can update their status in FB...therefore confinement wasn't as bad. I promise myself, the next round of confinement - ehemm..not that I'm ready for the second one now - I will make my own decision. I would not want to be so rigid. The first confinement was full of stress, and I felt that no one understands me. I cried myself to sleep sometimes, which is really bad. The midwives told me that I should not stress myself up as it can cause post-natal depression but I guess I was already having them. I was so depressed, seriously...and I had no one to talk to. (Remember the no handphones?)

Anyway, glad I survived. Maybe the depression help me to lose weight too. LOL. Manage to lose 17kg in just two weeks, and I even can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans easily.

Well, the first birthday went well. I must apologize to those who were not invited, I invited those who helped me for my wedding (i wanted to organise a different dinner earlier but there's always something going on) and all immediate families. I hope no one feels bad, although I know some do feel bad because they felt that they are very close to my family (from the way they wished me). I wish I could invite everyone, but sometimes I just have to restrict myself. Even just those few people my house is already crowded. I apologize. :(

0 comments: