Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Being a mother

Being a mother has changed me and my life tremendously. However, I am enjoying every moment with my little girl and see her grow each and everyday. Now that I am at work, I miss her smiling at me when I tease her. All I could think about is just her and I couldn't wait to be home to be with her. Here are few things that changes since becoming a mother...

  1. I become a morning person. I used to be someone who hardly can wake up in the morning, even if it's working day. 5.00am is not a problem for me anymore :)
  2. I appreciate my parents even more after being a parent myself
  3. I feel that my baby's pain is even more painful than mine.
  4. The 16kg I've gained during pregnancy was so worth it :) And yes, I respect my body better now.
  5. My heart breaks easily.
  6. Everyday is a surprise.
  7. I think about my daughter all the time.
  8. I lose touch with most of my single friends. Sometimes I do feel lonely and missing them.
  9. I'm always in contact with my married friends especially those with children. We share a lot of experiences together from pregnancy, child delivery and handling our baby.
  10. I become a superwoman. Juggling between office work, cleaning the house, laundry, cooking, bath, feed and putting my baby to sleep, folding clothes, ironing and the list just goes on and on.
  11. I've got no problem sleeping at 9pm even on weekends.
  12. The best and most valuable conversation I had so far was using vowels...aa...eee...iii..ooo...uuu...
  13. Sometimes I forgot about myself. Everything is about my daughter and my husband.
  14. I became a neat and clean freak. I don't want especially my daughter's clothes, bottles or whatever that is involving her is not cleaned properly.
Well...life being a mother. It's so wonderful and indescribable. Though I'm tired juggling with my wife-mother duties and also my duty in the office, but looking at my daughter's sincere smile when she looked at me just took it all away. How great...

0 comments: