Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Journey

On the 14th March I was admitted to Columbia. My actual due date was supposed to be 25th March but due to my amniotic fluid is running low, my doctor advise me to proceed with induction labor. I was induced on the 14th March afternoon and my actual labor only starts on the 15th March night. Maybe it was my first baby so it's taking a while for the hormone to actually work on me.

Thank God for a very supporting husband...giving me a good back rub and massage whenever I'm in pain. I was pushed to the labor room at 4am in the morning on the 16th March and successfully delivered a beautiful baby girl at 8.24am weighing 3.05kg. We name her Rowena.
This is Rowena right after delivery...probably just a few seconds after delivery. She could open her eyes and smile at Frankie. After the suction she was handed to me and I just couldn't stop tearing!! I feel so blessed and so happy for the successful delivery and having to hold my little girl in my arms.

30 days confinement was a struggle at first, especially the first week. After that I'm getting used to it, and without realising it I'm done with my confinement! 34 days not washing my hair was something that I never could imagine, only after three washes I manage to get rid of the smell..hahaha.

At the 40th day, that's the first time Rowena and I went to church service...and it was also Easter Day! What a joy! We took some photos with my friends from church and of course, Rowena has become the centre of attraction. Hahaha...trying to get used to that now :)
Since baptism is conducted on every first Saturday of the month, Rowena was blessed and baptized on the 7th May 2011. She was already 7 weeks old. Aunty Yean and Uncle Roland were her godparents to guide her and uphold her especially in her spiritual walk with God :)

Now she's coming to her 2nd month and I just love having her around me all the time. I cannot imagine how would it be once I'm back to the office and I thank God I actually extended my leave until after Gawai celebrations. Now she knows how to smile and laugh, it's so heart warming and I couldn't stop but gazing at her all day long.
Somehow the pictures cannot be rotated though I've rotated them earlier. Geesh...anyway, it's a life changing experience for me and I am enjoying every moment of being a wife and a mother. I'm a temporary full time house wife for now and I salute all mothers who were a full time housewife. Juggling with house work, taking care of children, cooking (needs to cook since hubby goes back every lunch) and to have some "me-time". It's not an easy task I must say.

So this year, it's my very first year celebrating mother's day. My husband brought me for a nice buffet lunch at Grand Palace Hotel and we spent the rest of the day at home, resting and enjoying each other. :)
Till then, God bless.

0 comments: