We're just counting days to the end of January and that means we'll be entering the second month of the year 2011 very very soon. Time flies really fast and when I reflect back what I have done for the past weeks in the months of January - sigh. Tonnes of stuff.
As mentioned in my previous post, finally my husband and I moved in to our new dwelling place. Blessing in disguise - due to the heavy rain for a few days last week - we managed to spot some leakage from the roofing. Secondly, there were some leakage on the piping system. Piping has been completed, now awaiting for the ceiling to dry up and we'll do another testing before changing the ceiling. Yes, my house is in a mess due to this leakage.
I've got to move all my furnitures from the TV room to the living room due to the leakage. That's another hell load of work I must say. Well, maybe it doesn't sound so much but carrying the cushions, TV, DVD player, TV console, etc to another room with a big belly doesn't sound so great huh? I cannot expect my husband to carry everything on his own too! I had to call my brother to come over to the house just to help Frankie carry the TV console which is so freakingly heavy!
Last week, the roofing contractors worked on the roofing but unfortunately some parts are still leaking yesterday, therefore my husband is trying to get it all fixed after Chinese New Year. Well, since most of them are chinese so let's just give them a break. We have to bear with holes on our ceiling and wiring hanging around our TV area.
There goes my plan to do a house warming this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to organise one, not until my house if 100% complete.
I've finally installed my house curtain a couple of days ago - just the living room and all the bedrooms. I'm using a roman-blind style for my living room and glad to have a very handy husband who could install the curtain railings and we just use our old curtains at the moment. Maybe we'll just wait for another few more months before we decide to get a new curtain for all the bedrooms.
The house grilles are also ready, a week after we moved in. Since the windows are not perfectly straight, they've got to grind some parts and that makes the whole house dusty again!! Yes, I've been busy cleaning the house for the past few weeks. Thank God for my family who lives nearby and helped with the cleaning.
My uncle gave Frankie a dog name Blackie. He's six months, half-breed. A huge puppy I must say. Blackie occupies part of Frankie's time in the evening, walking him around the neighbourhood.
Apart from being busy with our house, we're both extremely busy at work too. Sometimes I felt it's so difficult to get even a day off, especially for my husband. Even on working days the boss would call him late evenings and even at night just to discuss about work. Our 2010 staff ranking and individual performance has finally been revealed, I'm very happy with what I've achieved for 2010 and indeed those are the blessings that God has showered upon me - the wisdom to perform my duty at work. Thank you, Jesus!
We've just finalized our business plan for the team and I've got a lot to clear in the office before going off for my 3 months maternity leave, not forgetting a comprehensive handover for my colleague otherwise I'll be receiving a lot of phone calls during confinement. Hehe..Yes, that's another part of me that I've got to prepare mentally and physically.
Talking about pregnancy, at this very stage (I've got approximately 7 more weeks to my due date now) I've got to prepare a lot of stuff for my confinement as well as the coming of my little pride and joy. I must ensure that I have enough clothes for the baby, napkins, mittens, blankets, towels, feeding bottle, baby cot, bathing basins, grape water, whatever ointments and the list just goes on and on. Not forgetting the things I need for my confinement - wines, herbs, whatever stuff that is required during confinement (I leave this part to my mom - go shopping with her and just pay..LOL!).
I'm getting heavier and heavier each day, sometimes I felt acute pain on my tummy, most of the time excruciating backpain at night. Maybe I've been working very hard..it's not easy to juggle with so many things at this stage - work, personal and above all a double storey house! Not that my husband is not helping me but I just cannot fully dependent on him. I need to help him, afterall my baby doesn't want to sit still - I get restless easily!
A lot of mix feeling at the moment and I needed someone, a friend that I can trust to be there for me, at least just to listen. I don't expect them to understand but sometimes I just felt that I cannot handle this alone and I need a stress-reliever (like ice-cream! haha). Not that I don't want to share it with my husband but sometimes I need girlfriends. I seemed to lost most of them after I got married. What happened?
Kek Lapis Pandan Cadbury
-
It has been quite a while not showing off my Kek Lapis (Sarawak Layered
Cake)... Today I just baked one... which am preparing for our family away
day th...
6 years ago
2 comments:
Sigi baka, kitai baru ka memulakan kehidupan baru...he..he..
I'm not complaining, not at all. It's just something to share especially for my friends who are just a step to where I'm heading to now...thanks anyway, God bless :)
Post a Comment