Time flies pretty quickly in 2010 and it's a good time to reflect on what we have achieved and learned from the year. Maybe it's a good thing to even look back at the very first day of 2010 where we set our new year's resolution and see how far have we gone, but sometimes a resolution remains a resolution year after year. I'm sure everyone will have a lot of things to share too!!
Work
In the office, 2010 wasn't a great year for a lot of people. Transition 2010 brings depression but also excitement to some. It didn't affect my position though, but it does affect my boss' position. So...one of the best boss I've ever worked with left and went to the Philippines and his move affects quite a number of people in the team - including me.
Our team's core project for the year went really well. Though both Frankie and I had to juggle a lot between work - the project that the team wanted to roll out by April and also with our own personal life - preparation for the wedding which is also in April. Frankie was the project technical manager and he needs to ensure that every aspect of the system which we will implement - as much as possible - bug free. While me, being the IT Specialist in the team was asked to develop the training aids, train the few hundred users - Miri, KL & Labuan, do system testing and reporting, organize trainings and identify users and their roles, issuing and designing newsletters and updates...pheww!! Loads of work and time consumed but totally worth the effort! JOB SATISFACTION ACHIEVED!
On the downside, errr..let's just not talk about it. Hehehe...
Shell too celebrated the 100th years celebration this year and the organizing committee has done a very good job. We had a very big sitting down dinner (approximately 600 tables!!) at the KRP field, good entertainment especially the fireworks! Well done Shell! :)
Social
I really thank God for great friends around me, who has been always been there for me. Maybe I don't spend as much time with my girlfriends as much as before but all of them are still very close at my heart. It's not that I don't want to but sometimes responsibilities and time doesn't really permits.
However, finally the BL5 made it to KL for a shop till drop shopping spree!!
The beautiful friends I have who helped made my wedding dream come true - spent so much time, effort for the one special day in my life. I owe you guys and love you all!!
Reunion - friends getting hitch and it's also a very good time for the small get-together with old friends who are scattered all over the place. The first one was during Ayu's Wedding.
Then we have another one on Jacinta's Wedding :)
Looking forward for the year 2011 where we've got organizing team who will organize a reunion for the 1998 batch of KTDTHB, Miri.
Personal
Personally, too many things happening in my life. I've finally decided to take the biggest-step-no-turning-back-decision to get married to the man I love so dearly. Yes, 7th April was the date we were both legally married but 10th April remarks the day where we exchange vows before God, witnessed by many guests. Then we had long house ceremony back in Frankie's long house in Julau on the 17th April.
After the wedding, I experienced my longest traveling time. Maybe it's nothing to those who frequently visits other countries, but spending weeks away from home was indeed a great experience too. Maybe I will not have that chance again after this...ehehe. It's time for honeymoon :)
All three pictures were taken in three different countries...sounds cool huh? LOL! We were both away for three weeks and indeed it was a great time spent with each other, and also meeting up with some friends and relatives.
Another big thing that happened to me and hubby was to know that I was 5 weeks pregnant in mid July. I'm already in my 7th month now and we're expecting our little one to be with us somewhere in March 2011. I'm nervous, excited, anxious...everything just comes together at the same time, but I am so looking forward to hold my little one in my arms.
We have also finally decided to get a dwelling place on our own this year, now waiting for the house to be completed from the renovation before we move in next year. Will tell more about it for my 2011 post :)
Above all these things, I thank God the almighty for another great and memorable year and of course to the wonderful family who has always been there for me at all times...
Have a great, blessed and fruitful new year 2011 everyone!!
Kek Lapis Pandan Cadbury
-
It has been quite a while not showing off my Kek Lapis (Sarawak Layered
Cake)... Today I just baked one... which am preparing for our family away
day th...
6 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment